Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default coordinate placement of level 2 flash layer

hi guys,

just playing with some of the flash capabilities to create a simple menu, and small web site.

created an animation 850x550 pixels, with a thin menu line on top and bottom. i left a smaller space in the center of this to act as a receptacle for swf content, to be called by the menu buttons ( Web Address... _level2 etc)

created a separate animation of smaller size-- 850x500, attached is a representation. called newmain.swf this is the content.

on the main animation (with the labels), i created a text button called "test", I created a web address of target newmain.swf, so that when clicking on that, the second swf will be called to level2 and display.

unfortunately, when it's run, instead of displaying newmain.swf centered in the middle (grey area), it's displayed at the very top-- i.e., slid up the y axis by 25 pixels or so.

the end result is that the menu on top is totally covered, while the menu on the bottom, and some extra gray area ( which is supposed to be covered), is shown.

what determines the coordinated location when a flash file called by the Web Address _level command? i need to have it centered, and it's just plopping it too high...

thanks

ps- this is the kind of effect im after

http://www.mimmoandnaz.com/mimmo+naz...iographies.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	39060  
    Last edited by Tallis; 19 June 2007 at 02:51 AM.
    IP