Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
That is only because they know everyone knows they paid XX% more and so they 'must' be making more money than those that bought the HP Pro notebook. Nothing to do with the style, only the impression of being paid more.

In the ancient past (a couple of decades at least ) that was known as "keeping up with the Jones's".
LOL I understand the sentiment, and often it's true, but in this case you are wrong.

I use a Dell and a home made PC. I recently bought an old Mac G4 so that I'd get comfortable using them (after being asked to work on one at a clients).

If money wasn't a problem I'd buy a Mac. I love the way they look. I love just to look at them. I don't know why, but I've never particularly liked the design of any PC I've seen.

If I had some swish looking Mac Notebook or desktop I know it would help me with my clients first impression, but it's not the major reason I'm drawn to them. They just look beautiful.

I don't try keeping up with the Jones's at all, but I know what I like.

You might imagine I'd also like to buy a Ferrari or some Porsche, but I wouldn't even if I could afford it. Maybe an Audi though..

Paul