Many thanks Jinny Brown & Cheryl for your answers to my problem

I actually managed to solve the problem myself with a bit of lateral thinking.
When I bought my graphics tablet, it came with a free copy of Corel Art Dabbler. I didn`t much like it, so I uninstalled it after a few days and promptly forgot about it. So in the cause of experiment, I reinstalled it the other day, found the DLL that runs the graphic tablet and placed it into my Painter 5.5.
Abracadabra!
The pressure part of the tablet now works properly, and while the unwanted line problem hasn`t disappeared, it`s greatly diminished - Just once or twice in a session, rather than every time I use the hand icon.
If you`re having the same problems and want a copy of the DLL send me an email.

I was going to post this on the TalkGraphics pages, but I can`t get them to work properly.
Every time I log on to them I find myself at the point where I posted the question, and I can`t read any replies - These must be the most difficult to use pages I`ve ever come across - I`m on the verge of giving up entirely on them.
I was also going to post the first pictures I did using the fully working tablet (two nebulas and a bunch of planets - destined for my next SpaceGirl Painting - see the site below for the spacegirls) - but I couldn`t work out how to do it. I know it`s not me that`s thick, but I always end up feeling that way when I get to TalkGraphics. Doh!
See my site at http://ipaintthebodyelectric.com - Automotive, Floral, Spacegirls, Celebrity Portrait, Glamour, Exotica & Erotica.

Many thanks for your time and trouble
Kevin Inskip - Graphic Artiste

nullindex