Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Thumbs up Re: Hi-Resolution Graphics Help Inquiry

Hi Bill...

Pleasure to met you, buddy. Yes, you are correct, the graphics do extract @ 256 color palette 8 bit bitmaps. I use a program called Xwe, for any type of wad editing. Getting these to 24 bit [True Color] @ 300-400 ppi, is a piece of cake. Hell, I have about three or four softwares that will do that for me and one of the came in my Office 2000 package, Microsoft Photo Editor.
    This is not what I'm striding for, Bill. One of the first major processes I have to succeed at here, is to convert these graphics from pixels per inch to dots per inch, so I can continue on by softening and smoothing the edges. Trust me when I tell you, this needs to be done! This is the first step I need to accomplish, before the rest of the pain-staking processes begin. If you could provide me any advise as to getting this process completed, then you'll have my complete attention. Then I'll go on asking you to teach me how to use the Adobe PhotoShop Elements 5, I just purchased less that a week ago and have no clue to it's abilities.

I just downloaded PhotoZoom to have a look at it. Christ, I hope I don't have to buy another software! ;-)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man..!!! I have to edit back in just to say, "What a beautiful job "PhotoZoom" did"!! $149 bucks though! If I would have known this a week ago, Adobe would still be sitting on the shelf back in Staples!
    Last edited by mac53; 26 February 2007 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Adding Download Information