Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Blurry fonts, Act III

OK, I have been sworn in, and I did read every single blurry font thread, including my own. I went through:

http://www.xara.com/news/july06/tutorial.asp

and set the origin ( of my animation ) to 0.8 pix and .8 pix, to compensate for xara origin being technically off by .2pix.

I installed the pixel font SS Sans Serif 7, 8 and 10 pt fonts from the xara shareware page.

Now, according to the tutorial above, I need to set my text to xy of an integer, so that my text will be clear.

Well, no go. Attached are my screenshots-

I made some text, then made copies with the mouse and dropped them in random places so as not to have the x,y of each the same. I wanted to see what will be clear.

1- 1st jpg attachment shows one of the text fields selected, and that the x,y end in .4 and .5 respectively. 2 others are all different tenths.

2- i hit the flash animation preview button, and this is what i see. My selected text is razor sharp, as is another that happened to also end in .4 and .5. The blurry ones end in coordinates xxx.9, yyy.6 and xxx.7, yyy.9

3- you see my origin is set to x,y offset of 0.8, 0.8 in xara preferences , and when combined with the article saying xara is off by .2, .2, text at even integers should be clear, and text with .1-.9 endings should be variously blurry. But it's not.

I also tried text anchored at even integers ( xxx.00, yyy.00 ) , although pictures were not included in this post, and they were blurry.

WHy the heck is text placed following all the rules, using pixel fonts, with coordinates of xxx.4, yyy.5 clear, and any other combinations not ?

I'm going nuts. By the way, the pixel font is 7 pt, and I specified exactly 7 pt that in the font bar when setting up. So I do have a 7pt pixel font set to 7pt text.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	582 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	33981   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	586 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	33983  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Tallis; 09 January 2007 at 02:23 AM.