Many years ago, mid/early 90's I had an Acorn and this amazing -still up to date- best vectorize software ever. I can't remember what it was called, but i think it was from Computer Concepts(?).
An example: draw a thick letter 0, scan it and the vectorize software scanned the shape perfectly and made it into ONE shape (not 2 shapes with a black circle and a white circle inside) with less curves and it fit perfectly - impossible to do it better by hand. Any filled circle you drew by hand would have had ben converted with 4 points only using perfect fitting bezier curves!

I'm still wondering what happened to this technology and looked up the web of the company who made it back then.

Anyhow, up to date i haven't seen anything like this on the PC and (sorry to say) Xara's vectorise engine is not really good. I also tried Adobe Streamline years ago *shudder*, Kvec, AlgoLabPhotoVector, Autotrace, MagicTracer, WinTopo, Vextractor - none of them came even close to this Software i used on RiscOS.

I figured there are a couple of ex RiscOS users here, maybe you can help out in find the company who did it and try to get a PC version?

(yes let me dream )