Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

To me, all this application jazz is interconnected. There is a convergence rather than a divergence, because you get good at one application, and the next you know, you need another one to further you artistic vision.

I'm moderating both a 3D forum and a Photoshop thread at PSG for this precise reason. You get to modeling, and all of a sudden you need an image editor and a digital camera to make the texture you need to skin the object in your scene. Conversely, there is interest on the PSG forum about modeling and that's where I started the weekly trueSpace adventures, because on more than one occasion, I've had to add an object to a scene after the picture was taken. Attached is an example: the duck was not photographed with the beer...it was under age anyway.

If we can learn together, we can go in many differnt directions. Heck, I've even used XARA instead of Photoshop for texture creation and image editing.

And Brett, if you want some clues as to how to do the Julian head transplant thing, I've got a thread open at

http://www.photoshopgurus.info/forum...pic.php?t=2574

...and I'm sure a lot of the folks would be more than happy to outline a step-by-step.
    As would I...

Gare

[This message was edited by Gary David Bouton on April 14, 2003 at 18:03.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Duck_Beer.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	8037  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.