Hi, I think this is an autopackage problem more than a Xara problem, but for some reason when I tried to install the new (latest) version instead of the recommended version, I had the experience of autopackage-gtk starting, saying "initializing ..." and at that point it starts doing so much disk access that I am no longer able to use the computer (the cursor moves but that is about it, I can't switch virtual terminals, I can't even ssh into the machine and kill the process). I think it has something to do with removing the old package as "package list" still shows xaralx after I interrupt this process by physically turning my computer off and on.

I tried this twice with two hard reboots, both times fearing for the data on my hard drive. Finally, I removed autopackag e using "package remove autopackage", deleted all files in /var/package, did a locate autopackage and deleted every single file it came up with, and then it seemed to work okay. Anybody else had this problem? Not sure if it is Xara specific but it is quite serious as it completely hangs up your system.

Btw, I am using Ubuntu 6.06 on a Dell Inspiron 600m, otherwise quite stable.

Misha