Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Black looks grey on PDF!

Hi!

Gosh... I'm not having much luck In relation to working around a bitmap resolution printing issue, I have been exporting to PDF and printing from Acrobat. On the printed copy I noticed that the border looked grey and the picture had a true black line around it - much blacker than the frame.

Sure enough, when I opened the PDF in Acrobat and looked closely - there it was... a true black outline around the picture and a relatively grey frame.

Xara's colour picker says the grey looking colour is black (0% H S V and every other colour model says black too!)

I have attached a copy of a photo I was working on but have reduced the photo resolution immensely as it was 27Mb!!

If you export the file as PDF you should see the frame is grey and I have made a square behind the white test that says "Black" on the left. I could not make such a black square in the normal way (clicking on black), instead I had to copy the colour with the dropper tool from the black line around the photo!!

I'd be grateful if someone could replicate/verify this for me. One caveat though... if you are using an uncalibrated or standard LCD monitor you *might* not see the differences in the blacks!!

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Graeme