Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Editing logos with Webstyle4

Hi,
    I am using Dreamweaver8 and decided to try out the Webstyle4 logo creation.

The logo generated OK but I have two difficulties.

The first is that when I try to edit the logo DW8 seems to have great difficulty finding the modified .gif file. When it does find it the code is very strange. I have attached two .jpg's showing pieces of code, the first is as returned by DW after the edit; this code contains strange backwards and forward slashes in front of the name of the logo gif (Nikkys_Beads.gif). The time from the save in Webstyle 4 is huge and sometimes DW8 crashes. The logo doen't appear in the design panel, I then get round the problem by editing the code (src and then browse) to the saved .gif so that the code looks like the second .jpg I have posted (replaced.jpg). Also, if DW crashes the returned file is the file pre-edit.

The second problem I have is that I have difficulty finding the approriate saved .gif - where is Webstyle4 supposed to store the files - I don't understand the idea of the project files as I would have thought that the best place to put the files is in the folder used by DW. But I don't appear to have the opportunity to direct the files to this directory!

Seems that the programme is a bit flaky - or am I doing something wrong?

Help please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	As_returned_by_Webstyle4.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	29129   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	replaced.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	29130  

Last edited by Riftvalley; 26 August 2006 at 11:01 PM. Reason: added file name in text