Hello,

I beg your pardon for mixing design and marketing, specially when this forum appears to be out of the eyes of decision makers and professionals in the field, but I could not stay still after years without a feature included in all Xara competitors, having the Open Xara's motives letter and the same answers for other features (slide tool, dynamic bitmaps effects) in mind.

The final thing I want to add related to marketing follows the comment made by Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tonylondon
Despite having Fireworks, Illustrator and CorelDraw I still use Xara Xtreme for most things...
The fact is users should work with Xara for every thing and drop Corel, Illustrator and Fireworks , this is the goal for most products where the loyalty is achieved not for the price or how easy to use can be (Adobe paradigm is truly complex), but by the sensation that it is the solution for the user needs. If you allow him to work with Photoshop, he will learn how to try Illustrator and he will drop Xara, the same about Fireworks and Flash.

I truly believe that Xara is not made to be a second class /cheap product. For me, its low price is for inviting prospects to try it, instead of raising its price and invest in big money/risk campaigns with a pop star making such invitation, then I refuse the concept of “forgiveness” because it is not “expensive”, specially being a British product.

Neither is valid to support a marketing decision only with surveys within the current users, they are already believers. The opinions needed for increasing the marked share are between those that may know Xara and are not using it.

Intbel,

Using the Web design as example, when you make a Web page layout, you have to use pixels for borders, images, tables, window sizes, etc. if you want to easily codify/deploy it (Except in fonts where points are better for browser portability). Neither HTML or CSS handles the stroke trace in the middle of the stroke with.

Other example is when you are making a picture that must be 10 X 10 pixels, I prefer to set the guide lines to 10 X 10 and the stroke width “inside”, than any other option where I have to be aware of what parts of the lines are out.

Charles,

Please add to the wish list those features, pixels as units and stroke width positioning and by the way, the bitmap editor improvement (Currently it looks like a Java made patch/plug in).

Greetings