Hi,

I've got a load of 3D Excel graphs that I need to add to my word document. They need to be edited and tweaked in Corel first. That's fine - I copy from Excel (2003) and paste special into Corel (9) as metafiles. I then do my edititing and everything's great. I then try exporting them and the quality degrades significantly.

If I export as jpegs etc, I get lots of lines on the corners running over, or the square sides of the bars become trapezoid. If I print directly from Corel, the image is great, but the exported file is rubbish. It's not a word thing, as if I open the exported file independantly, the quality is poor as well.

If I export as .eps files the text is unreadable on screen, although these images actually print OK (still not great though). The problem is I have to keep sending my word documents to be checked and edited by other people, and it's a bit of a waste having to print off every page with a graph on it just so as to read it!

I have to say I am a complete novice when it comes to CorelDraw, and I'm really hoping it's something elementary that I'm missing.. However, when searching for help, while tearing my hair out, most pages imply it's quite simple, and that everything should be fine, esp if you use vector files such as .eps...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm loosing my tenuous grip on reality with this. Totally vexing.

Cheers,

Chris