HouCo, regretful that not all the templates are not working for you. I would say that there may be a bad download, it happens sometimes.

Xara is a very small company with few employees. I imagine their Customer Support has other duties like small companies. In my old company, my secretary and administrative helper were the customer support. They knew nothing of the procedures we did other than what was written for them, so it was mainly a scripted answer. Technical advice came later as engineers and technicians broke free from other duties.

With that said, product/service support is paramount to the success of a product or service.

And if I may through my hat in the ring of support, most software products that are successful today build upon a loyal customer base that have by their own means of communications developed solutions and ideas on fixes and improvements to a product. i.e.; Users Groups; Bulletin Board; Forums (such as TalkGraphics) and newsletters.

Perhaps if you put down exactly what happens when you try to load the template, the solution path can be narrowed down. Also, how you loaded the templates into Webstyle.