Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: 1st Sketch

Threaded View

Okay Ross ("The Relentless One"), I tried droodling!

Your comment on Master Kleg's picture about drawing lines all at once and then changing their properities or changing line properties as you go, got me going.

Here's what I ran into:

The crosshatching seemed hardest ... I think by increasing the snap-radius it may prove easier to pickup the pen from the pad and start a new line.

Drawing squiggly lines without picking up off the tablet seemed easiest.

I fumbled with going back spontaineously and "reusing" a line style I liked. Keeping the color editor open and using its eyedropper is a must to changing colors rapidly as you scribble. Unfortunately, there is no eyedropper to change the default line and stroke (XARA folks, that would be a nice enhancement to the line gallery). But I did find a work around ... select an existing line, ctrl+C, click on a blank space to deselect (or press ESC), ctrl+shft+A, reselect the Freehand Tool, and then continued scribbling with an existing "line style". I imagine if practiced you could switch between colors and strokes pretty fast (if you're coordinated).

I put the blacklines on one layer first. Then created a new layer behind the first. Then, on this back layer I started "painting" color with a wide line width.

The image isn't anything special, but by quickly drawing squigglies promotes luckey results. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st_Face.png 
Views:	301 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	10862