Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default So you can't Draw Part 1 of 6

Okay, here it is and you have a project. Someone wants you to draw figures doing something. Well...if you are like me, you really suck at drawing and I really, really do suck at drawing. Hey! I was trained as a Safety Engineer, we didn't have art in the curriculum!

Here's a non-artist approach to making poseable (POSED) figures. It is beautiful artwork? heck no!

Is is effective? Yeah, for me and maybe for you, if you suffer from lack of art training or genetic inbred artistic talent.

Okay, here are some samples to get you started. Introducing Geo-Shape Man in the top left corner; next we have a martial artist Geo-Shape man; next we have a crime scene victim (ugh); next we have a golfer; next is a showman Geo-Shape man leaning on his cane. Lastly we have a banana daquiri drink gorilla looking thing or not???

Why Geo-Shape Man? Because he is made up of proportioned, geometric shapes and can be easily manipulated by just dragging his body parts to the proper position. If you are interested, read the next five threads. If you are an artist, go away! Just kidding.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	figure 1.png 
Views:	743 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	24893  
    Last edited by jamesmc; 13 April 2006 at 02:00 AM.