Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Xara Xtreme 2.0a crashes, "access violation exception"

This is my first post, and covers a recurring and extremely frustrating problem I experienced with XaraX1, and I had hoped would not occur in XaraXtreme. I am using Xtreme 2.0a DL version.

The problem seems (to me) to occur randomly, and happens when I go to add / subtract / slice / intersect (i.e CTR 1,2,3 or 4) shapes, bascially the program crashes and always gives me the same error;

"Serious error from XaraXtreme( or X). Access violation exception at offset 0x0034C3C0"

If i then open the same file back up again and repeat the operation that caused the crash, it crashes again. If i copy the offending shapes into a new drawing and perform the operation, again it crashes. This is extremelly frustrating and when it occurs a while since I have saved has lost me lots of work and caused a great deal of hitting things and cursing. I have searched for help on this to no avail, and wondered if any other users found this problem carried over from X to Xtreme. If it helps I can provide a copy of an offending file that causes me this problem.

Thanks in advance.

O/S is P4 1.99MHz, 512M ram, 32M gfx, WinXP SP2
    Last edited by emoscopes; 12 February 2006 at 06:48 AM.