Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Lights and more...

the knowledge and methods behind how you are doing these things are far beyond my abilites and tech understanding! but I DO appreciate your explanations

working with transparency I am using simply my understanding of watercolor as a natural media for my 'knowledge transfer' to this digital arena, if you will. the most obvious background color of choice, therefore, would have been white; but as you have created many maps (still trying to get a grasp on this application) and strokes--customized--and held in your personal 'library'...I am attempting to customize my own presets, brushes, etc.. the blue background is just one choice of color that has a good amount of transparency that I thot would blend well with other transparent colors bringing an interesting blend (for light,& sky backgrounds)

what I really need is some good book on the intro to graphic design

(I've noticed some very interesting, fairly current threads in the xaraX gallery that could benefit me as well)

when optimizing to a png format I used alpha channel rather than single color transparency

nance
    Last edited by TwidderBird; 07 February 2006 at 10:47 PM.