Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Hi Everyone

Today I've been presented with a problem that I can't find an answer to. My partner and I look after a monthly publication for the off-road fraternity in the East of England. This is an A5 format Gazette containing all the entry forms for the various events for the coming two months.

The front cover is essentially the same every month except for the month and issue number; the frames on the front and rear are also a different colour each month. Up to now we've given the printers files which have resulted in the colour being overprinted with black. Although presentable, today our printer suggested using cut-out frames to print the front and rear covers thus avoiding overprinting the colour with black. I know this will give a much better result but I have a problem.

I am certain that this can all be done using XaraX - but how? I can get so far but not far enough. My stumbling block is really the bitmap which was imported as a .PNG. I just cannot work out the procedure to adopt. Can anyone give me some guidance please?

To assist, I have attached the header of the Gazette (in .xar format) to this message and I need to end up with cut-outs in the background frame where the header objects are. I should add that this includes a bitmap to the far left of the local area that we wish to retain on the front cover. Also, the remaining frames and graphics on the front and rear covers have similar objects on them - but just what do I do to achieve the desired effect.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks very much.

Tracey
    Attached Files Attached Files