Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Copy / Paste between Xtreme and X3D

I read somewhere this week that it is now possible to transfer via the clipboard from Xtreme and Xara 3D. I can't where now, I've read a lot of stuff about Xara this week, so I can't check back but would be grateful for correction:

I understood that I'd be able to copy from Xara 3D and paste into Xtreme (I can, it comes in as a PNG with transparency - very nice), and then back again. I have been saving my .x3d files just in case, which is a good job because when I copy the PNG back into X3D it isn't editable.

I of course couldn't expect a PNG to be editable, but I thought that the .x3d content may have been buried or hidden somewhere in my .xar file in a similar way to XPE storing filters/effects/revisions of JPEGs.

Did I just read the pasting into Xara 3D wrongly, and that round-tripping doesn't really exist outside of my own head? I am using Xara 3D v6 from the CD and the full-product purchased and unlocked Xtreme 2.0a DL Oct 10.

(Not reproducible, but as typing this I checked the Help->About, there was no version number but a button "About Xara Ltd" showed. I pressed it, Xtreme closed immediately and took my document with it. No Autosave yet then!)
    Last edited by Daniel; 12 October 2005 at 09:54 PM.