Hello everyone,

I use Macromedia Dreamweaver to create my webpages and have been using Dreamweaver MX with XARA Webstyle 4 to create site graphics and navigation bars.

A couple of days ago I upgraded to the new Dreamweaver 8, just released, and find there is no longer an option in the insert menu of Dreamweaver for XARA Webstyle objects. There is a little graphic in the 'Common' commands section that brings up Webstyle 4 but navigation bars created with it cause script errors in the pages. (ParentObj has no properties)

I tried uninstalling Webstyle 4, then reinstalling it and also ran the install for the script to make Webstyle 4 and Dreamweaver interactive. I think the script is for Dreamweaver MX and does not work with the new DW-8 ver.

Is there a current solution to the integration of Dreamweaver 8 and Webstyle 4 or is one planned any time soon? As it stands I can no longer create and edit Webstyle 4 menus in my webpages and will need to do something fast.

Requests to XARA support have gone unanswered for a couple of days and I imagine that department is busy with the problems caused by this new Macromedia release.

Thank you in advance for comments.

Mike in Houston