Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: fishes

Threaded View

Back to Buck House. In the top shot the centre of the diamond formed by the four lamps on the left, is exactly one third from the top and one third from the left. This gives extra authority to this element coupled with the two way symmetry of the cross it forms, it is able to be the central point about which everything else revolves.

In the lower shot the left side is very heavy. I tried to carry the eye away with the railing but this was not enough. So I thought that I would use the flag. But the flag also was still not enough it needed more attention. To accomplish this I waited for the flag to completely straighten out in a way that didn't look natural. This surreal look that it imparted to the flag was enough to create the harmony I was looking for.

This is another way to give an element more weight. We have seen colour, shape, line and intrinsic properties but this is a more subtle way again. If an object can be depicted in a way that is slightly surreal it will work on an unconscious level. Notice how you just want to keep looking at the flag because it looks so artificial.

T
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buck_house.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	213.6 KB 
ID:	14745  
    IP