So I finally start doing some illustration work again, everything is going well, listening to a little Cat Stevens, drinking a New Castle and drawing away (something I haven't done in earnest in quite some time). After several hours of reintroducing myself to the various Xara tools what should happen but a warring box pop up and then disappear taking the entire application and all my unsaved work (probably a good 45 mins worth) with it, all within a frogs breath. I couldn't possibly tell you what the notice box said as it all happened at the speed of a screen refresh. The gist of it is "enjoy doing all that work again sucker!"!!

I've worked with Xara since its initial Corel release (still have the original box and book) and am fully aware that its had some memory allocation error issues through its history but they were very few and far between. I guess the question is have these problems increased? Has Xara not yet dealt with the issue before adding all the new tools and those have now aggravated the issue? Is there anything in particular that sets these things off? Do you notice any more problems in XP than one of the other OS's?

Ok so that's not "A" question. I'm just trying to get a grip on the extent of the problem. (well that and asking a question about this is better than hurling the computer through the window which is option 2 at this point) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

J

p.s If I ever get this thing finished I throw it in the gallery... its really just another of my experiments but somebody might looking at it.