Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Triggering a Button Remotely

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Thank you Acorn and Gary for sharing - interesting idea which I followed through to the end using Gary's example.

I did find that if the NavBar on the index page had a link "index.html?popup name" (and the popup was on the index page), then you could open each (and any) popups, but you could not return to the Home page (i.e. close those popups by clicking on the Home button).

Resolved by placing an overlapping button cover on each popup with a link [ popup: close"popup name" ]. I added button covers on the popup layers too such that only one button was highlighted at any one time.

Attachment 128025

Interesting approach where you have a long-page length popup and do not want to increase the page length of shorter pages.

Another Gary!
    Gary, I simply added a trigger popup: close "stuff" "more-stuff" to Gary's MouseOff text block, added an ID of "shut", put index.html?shut onto the Home Link and added another search conditional, if(document.location.search=="?shut") { $('#shut').trigger('click'); }.
    seemed to work.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Triggering a Button Remotely

Thanks Acorn - saved to my library of 'How to...' Gary