Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have been using the new brush strokes in the XaraX Beta and I think they are excellent. we now have real time resolution independent airbrushing. One issue I have, however, is that I have to create a new brush for every colour I want to use. I thought the stroke colour could be set by default by right clicking on a colour to set the default colour for the new brush stroke line, Or maybe use the edit brush fill properties to check the "Local colors replace all brush colors" radio button, but this doesn`t work. Is this the way the new brush strokes should work or is it a problem to be resolved?

I have been using the new brush strokes in the XaraX Beta and I think they are excellent. we now have real time resolution independent airbrushing. One issue I have, however, is that I have to create a new brush for every colour I want to use. I thought the stroke colour could be set by default by right clicking on a colour to set the default colour for the new brush stroke line, Or maybe use the edit brush fill properties to check the "Local colors replace all brush colors" radio button, but this doesn`t work. Is this the way the new brush strokes should work or is it a problem to be resolved?

I like the footsteps, and you can change the colour of the feet by changing the outline colour, not the fill colour.
    BUT, if you add shadows (which look rather interesting) the feet return to their original black colour. I this a bug?
    Geology in the Bristol Area
    www.wega.org.uk
    Walking in the Auvergne
    www.churchard.com

GOC, you probably need to convert the footprints (originally a line) to a shape. Use Arrange/Convert line to shape.

Bryan

I have just downloaded the new version of the Xara X beta and have tried it on two computers with different results. On the first, an old Compaq Presario (166MHz MMX), the new brush stroke function worked fine. However, on a slightly newer machine (450MHz PIII with 8Mb ATI Rage Pro AGP graphics adaptor) I encountered the following problem:

When drawing a simple freehand line everything is fine, but if I select any one of the new brushes and draw, the displayed image appears above and to the left of the pointer and at about 80% of the required size. As soon as the drawing action is complete the line is redrawn at full size in the correct place. The original line is however usually still visible until the screen is refreshed (by scrolling the image).

Is this a common problem, or unique to my graphic card? (I have checked that I have the latest driver loaded)

I've noticed the same problems when drawing with the brush strokes- while drawing the strokes don't line up with the cursor. I have an Nvida TNT2 Vanta chipset, so I doubt it's a problem with the video card.

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say that if you haven't submitted bug reports about the brush to bugs@xara.com then you can send them directly to me at diccon@xara.com, as I am working on that feature.

I'm particularly curious about the problem that Dave W and bytheway have found as I'm unable to reproduce it, any further information about your system and display settings would be most welcome.

Diccon

[img]null[/img]

Another idea...

I did some scribbling, placed a box over and used Combine Shapes to punch out what I wanted.

I wish I'd had Xara when I was 5 years old!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pretty.jpg 
Views:	568 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	11422  
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

I am having the same problem described by Dave W.
    Brush stroke offset to the left and up when drawing.
    Dell 400 MHz, Diamond Permedia, Windows NT4 SP6,
    I have an old Wacom tablet installed. Could it be the Wacom drivers?

Bill Dale [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Thanks Bryan! The red shadowed feet work a treat!
    Geology in the Bristol Area
    www.wega.org.uk
    Walking in the Auvergne
    www.churchard.com