Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Designer Pro 11

Default Designer Pro 11

When will Designer Pro 11 be released and is there any benefit to going ahead and getting Photo and Graphic Designer 11 if I already have Designer Pro 10?

Default Re: Designer Pro 11

Hi,
    I just bought the upgrade but wish I had waited as they removed some of the website capabilities from this one.
    Just my opinion tho' it depends what you use it for
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

that's photo and graphic designer 11 scotty I think - edit ok sorry misread

expect designer pro out round about july end, but that's guess work based on previous; no official word from xara

I'm running trial xpg11 for the brushes; if the trial expires I'll use another computer if pro isn't out by then [or I'll be getting withdrawal symptoms ]

The release will be sometime this month so there is not a long time to wait. Hang in a while longer.

thanks for that Gary

I have been commissioned to create yet another awesome site - lucky me
    but after looking at web designer show-offs by Gary I told my clients I would put up holding pages About us Find Us etc
    I know XARA Pro 11 is worth the wait and I am excited by the possibilities and want to get stuck in.

Sure Hope Pro 11 comes soon for this project - but that got me thinking - Every year Pro Users have to sit on the sidelines while Web Designer users have all the fun

Perhaps XARA could go with a solution - Allow Pro Upgraders PAY UP early - and be allowed to used web designers new features until PRO is launched

How about it Xara ? I am sure I am not alone

Allow Pro Upgraders PAY UP early - and be allowed to used web designers new features until PRO is launched

That would be an absolute nightmare for Xara in terms of administration and people getting impatient for the real deal because they would already have paid for it.

I'm sure you are not alone too!

Just wait a bit longer. The Earth will continue to turn.

Im not convinced it would be difficult, surely IF I pay for my upgrade 2 months early I am just pre-registered for 11

If I use Web Designer 11 until Launch date it would be highly unlikely any user would choose to keep Web Designer installed along side Pro 11

Sure I can wait, its just this new project is a big important one for me and I would rather start it in 11 than risk having to spend any time tweaking anything I do now in the new version
    But hey I been having these issues since Xara STUDIO - I guess I will have to cool my heels ;-)

Use the WD 11 trial. The Designer Pro 11 release has a reasonable chance of arriving before it finishes, or very soon thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDB View Post
    I have been commissioned to create yet another awesome site - lucky me
    but after looking at web designer show-offs by Gary I told my clients I would put up holding pages About us Find Us etc
    I know XARA Pro 11 is worth the wait and I am excited by the possibilities and want to get stuck in.

Sure Hope Pro 11 comes soon for this project - but that got me thinking - Every year Pro Users have to sit on the sidelines while Web Designer users have all the fun

Perhaps XARA could go with a solution - Allow Pro Upgraders PAY UP early - and be allowed to used web designers new features until PRO is launched

I am in the same boat as you and did the "cross-grade" - Xara offers WD11 to PRO users for $19.95. So, I paid the $20 and got on with my project. When I get my full upgrade I will give WD11 to my assistant. Of course I just noticed you commented in the other thread where I mentioned the cross grade so I'm sure you already know about it.