Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Color line issue

How do I get all the palette colors to appear on the color line? I used to have many color choices to choose from on the color line, now just a few variations of the basic colors. When I right click the color line and select options, it doesn't offer any guidance either.

Default Re: Color line issue

Open the colour gallery (F9).
    Select a palette - right-click 'Show in colour line'
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	105838  

Steve,

Thanks a lot. I forgot that is the way to do it.

Gary

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I'm glad you got your colourline issue sorted. The Colour Gallery is a handy often overlooked tool. You can double click on any colour in the Colour gallery to add it to document. It will appear on your colourline as a named colour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I often find myself in the position to wanting a line color that is not available in the palatte, so I end up converting the line to shape so I can apply any color that I want, but then its not a line anymore so I might need copies of the original shape placed beneath, if I want to apply a specific fill to a shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I often find myself in the position to wanting a line color that is not available in the palatte, so I end up converting the line to shape so I can apply any color that want,
    Maybe I do not understand but I have to ask, why? You can always change a line color to anything you want by selecting line from the color editor. Converting a line to shape is only necessary if you want to apply a fill or gradient, and/or some transparency effects.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

In truth, I almost always use shapes without visible lines. The most common use of lines in my map work, is for roads, rivers, walls, which I set to the width I need, then convert line to shape to apply fills and bevels on those lines.

That's kind of what I thought. Your work is most impressive.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.