Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pop up layers not working in Chrome. Fine in IE and Fox

I just put up my video page with pop up layers for the videos and it works fine in IE and in Firefox. Chrome loads all the hidden layers at once though and I get ten videos play at once. Is there a work around for html header to instruct Chrome to use some version that might allow it to work correctly? Or any other fix. Look at this in IE and Fox, then Chrome.
    http://waterfallforge.com/copper-fountain-videos.htm

Many thanks

Buddy

Default Re: Pop up layers not working in Chrome. Fine in IE and Fox

I cannot tell you how much I do not like websites where a loud voice starts taking as soon as I land on the page. Maybe it's just me, but I will not stay on a page like this for two seconds.

I checked the page (with my sound muted) and the links are working fine in my version of Chrome.

I agree, any audio that starts to play automatically is a no-no. I experience it as invasive and leave the website immediately as well.

You should also consider those who are visiting the website and try to do so discretely (e.g., because they are at work). They will only feel embarrassed.

I am with you on the sound thing. That's the problem. It does not start automatically in IE and in Firefox. Only in Chrome. That's what I'm trying to fix. For some reason chrome just starts loading all the videos and starts playing them. Not so in IE and Fox. If you will look at the page in IE and Firefox first you will see how it's supposed to work, I just want it to do that in Chrome as well. I guess I was not clear in my original post.
    Thanks

Thanks for clarifying that. This happened in Chrome, indeed, and I wouldn't know what to do about it.

I appreciate the confirmation from another computer and version of Chrome. But just in case anyone else runs into this, I think I figured it out.
    My player has an auto play function that can be set ahead of time. My intent and the actual result in IE and in Firefox was to have the thumbnails available on the page but nothing starts when entering the page. You would need to click a thumbnail, then the video player pops up and begins playing.

That's how it worked in IE and Firefox. But, Chrome was reading the underlying player code and starting all the autoplays on every video BEFORE any thumbnails were clicked. So, I just turned off the autoplay and now the customer has to click the thumbnail, the player opens and then they have to click the play button. Not as neat as I wanted, but I think it works. Please confirm for me with your version of Chrome. Many thanks Buddy

Great that you figured out what the problem is. Chrome is clearly behaving differently from what you would expect.

My specs are: XP (SP 3), Chrome 21.0.1180.75.