Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default need help with some text stuff

Hi

New to Xara - this is my very first web site building experience. I am having trouble finding instructions on how to expand text eg

text line 1 jnhf;ehepo more
    rest of text expands down to form many lines after clicking more
    kldldkjf;oje;o;roioihroihodhrhnoih
    (and i want it to expand down not pop in )

i tried using layers, experimented with 3 layers but the second sat on top of the 3rd. Because i dont know what it is i am trying to do is called, i have no idea where to look for it.

Also need to know how to make page go back to top when i insert "back to top of page " link

someone help please ????
    cheers
    Kristine

Default Re: need help with some text stuff

Yes, a 'Read More..' dropdown is possible with layers.
    This was covered not long ago at another forum, it may be of help (there's some files to download and view)?
    See ► http://board.xara-users.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1512

thats awesome, thank you i will head there now and have a look

thanks shape shifter, I went off and had a play... it does the job, but the readers would be forced to hide the text again to finish reading the page (because the new layer hides the original text ) . Do you know of any other way to do it that moves the body of the remaining text DOWN that it isnt covered ?

Also any idea how to do go to top of page ? My initial brain wave is to link " go to top of page" to the heading somehow ?

cheers

Kristine

Quote Originally Posted by khv4u View Post
    Do you know of any other way to do it that moves the body of the remaining text DOWN that it isnt covered ?
    This isn't possible with a WYSIWYG 'fixed' absolute positioned CSS, which is the HTML Xara Web Designer generates.

Thanks for the reply shape shifter, one last question... if i was to clone ? or copy the original page and changed the text to look like the page text had been shifted down with the text expanded, and kept doing that until all options were covered in terms of each item heading had its turn being expanded.... put each copy on a seperate layer, linked the "read mores' appropriately, would having the original pages navbars copied repeatedly onto the seperate layers cause it to chuck a wobbly ? I was tempted to just clone and change the text sections but then i realised that for the unexpanded sections the page length is going to be ridiculously long... i thought i could set the cloned page length appropriately for each layer. Do you think i might be on the right track ?

Why make things hard for yourself when you have the tools in Designer Pro 7 to do so much more.
    Just use some nice fade in layers for the 'Read more' content.
    It's the modern way

See attached and preview in a real browser.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok thats sounds like a good idea. Thanks so much for your help. I am all for not making it hard !

p.s thanks for including the attachments, its easier to learn it that way