Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Mozilla Seamonkey rendering

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yes, see how you have separated the text on page one into two text blocks? This could be done on the other pages as well rather than using text repelling to make way for the ads.
    Each block can then have the 'HTMLBlockText' name applied and this fixes the issue with Sea Monkey's font rendering.
    The name should be applied after selecting the text area with the 'selector tool' and not the text tool.
    I believe the original issue is caused by your choice of 14 pixel font size which doesn't do too well with Sea Monkey.
    Dude! Thank you sir! Wow, huge difference. Yes, the 14 is definitely ugly. Not to mention the colors.
    Can I blame this on it being my first time toying with the new version? :-)

So I need to set HTMLBlockText for each block of text. Would be nice if Xara would make it optionable to have all text as blocks in a future release or update. Hmmm. And no more repelling text could be a pain. So much easier to wrap the text that way. But I still find it odd that when exported with version 5 it rendered correctly with spans, repelling, 14 point font and all.

Here's a version of your site edited and exported with Designer Pro 6.
    All text areas have been treated the same as explained.
    Sea Monkey renders all pages fine for me.

http://talkgraphics.magix.net/public/members/south

BTW: I don't normally go to this much trouble, but curiosity got the better of me
    Yes, this version renders fine for me as well. Just wondering if I should bother with all the extra effort when 5 did it all so well....

Either way, you rock! Thank you again!

Cheers!
    Scott

PS: Might I ask you to remove the .xar file from the server? I should have removed the ads before attaching it, afraid it might get too many views / accidental clicks. Don't need to be banned from adsense ya know.. Thanks!
    Last edited by south; 23 August 2010 at 12:44 AM.

John Horn (covoxer) would be the best man to comment on the affect version 6 seems to have with Sea Monkey - he's the developer of the HTML filter.

Thank you!