Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to make pages load smoother

Can anyone tell me a way to make my pages load smoother in browsers? Currently, whenever you go to the url, it splashes bits and pieces in random order until the whole page is loaded. Is there any way around that?

Here is my url:

www.livinglearningbooks.com

Any ideas?

I would like for the green bug paper stuff to load first, and then have the rest of the page wait to display until all of the elements were 'available' or 'ready' - not sure what word to use here.

Sandi

Default Re: How to make pages load smoother

Hi,
    If you group everything that is not a Menu item 'static images (objects) they are rendered in browser as an image and load faster.
    Jim

Try grouping some of your images and use jpg instead of png where appropriate. This will reduce number of images, image file sizes and speed up page loading.

For example the four black and white images could be grouped together so they export as one image and set it to jpg aswell. You have to optimise image use as much as possible to smooth/speed up the load.

The most crucial thing is to get your image sizes down as small as possible. Some of your images can definitely be compressed some more and still retain quality. This will help a lot.

Layers that are lower in the stack will be exported higher in the HTML code and will be rendered first in the browser. Same with the position of objects within layers (CTRL+B, CTRL+F, SHIFT+CTRL+B and SHIFT+CTRL+F)