Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PSPX2 going white and freezing

Hi all,
    Hope someone will know what I am talking about, I can't get specific information from the 3 students who are having this problem...
    They all tell me that at various stages of doing tutorials that the program (version 12) turns "milky white" and either freezes or closes down. From what they say, there doesn't appear to be any common action they are taking, nor does the same thing cause it each time... it appears to be a random thing.
    I'll try to get something more specific, but in the meantime, someone may have an answer.
    Thanks
    WinB
    IP

Default Re: PSPX2 going white and freezing

turns "milky white" and either freezes or closes down
    This is Windows Vista whiting out the screen when an Application crashes and needs to be terminated (appcrash)

The causes can be related to hardware (RAM) or software (DEP, drivers, libraries, malware) issues.

Impossible to troubleshoot without examining the PC's affected.
    IP

Thanks for the response.. unfortunately this can not be the full answer... 2 of them are using Vista, one is using XP... I will ask them how much ram they have, but I am sure that it would be sufficient. The 2 Vista computers are just new ones (within the last 6 months).. DEP has been turned off for PSP. All have done full system scans for virus and trojans.
    Thanks
    WinB
    IP

Yes, XP does not turn the screen 'milky white' - this is a Vista feature.

When I mentioned a RAM issue, I was eluding to 'faulty' RAM rather than insufficient RAM.

But without examining the system and hardware myself it would be suggestions only.
    IP

Thanks again... on further contact with them for details, it appears that only 1 has Vista, the others have XP Home.
    One has just contacted Corel Sydney (here in Australia) by phone, the tech person she spoke to says that he is running version 12 on 3 different computers with different operating systems and has not had that problem occur (naturally !!!).
    I'll be interested to hear if she gets any follow up.
    WinB
    IP

Never sure why It does it But yes it does. Most often its as its loading But some times it pauses rather then stops responding, But if you force it by clicking it will stop responding.
    Sorry I cant help.

X2 on Xp 4GB X2 amd 2800
    IP

I have been in touch with the 3 ladies, and have established that there is really nothing in common.. lol...
    one has Vista with 2 gig ram.. hers DOES turn milky white when in the middle of a process, and freezes
    next has XP home 1 gig ram... she has found her problem was freezing during opening... she has worked out that if she opens from the start menu rather than the desktop icon, it doesn't happen so often.
    third is XP home, 2 gig ram... hers freezes sometimes when applying plugins, and randomly in assorted other processes.
    They have all turned off the photo cataloguer.
    I have just installed it myself a week ago, and so far (touch wood) I haven't had any problems, and I would have lots more plugins, textures, gradients, patterns, brushes etc than the 3 put together... but I am running a 3.1 dual core processor, and 4 gig ram, so that may be part of the answer.... not enough ram, or too weak a processor.
    Thanks again
    WinB
    IP

I'm using X2 on Windows XP and I've had my share of crashes and problems with it. I can never get X2 to open the first time I try and sometimes it takes three tries to get it to open. It doesn't matter if I use the Start Menu, my quick launch icon or the desktop icon. I get an hourglass when I click the icon but nothing happens until I do it a second or third time. X2 seems to be a very finicky program.
    IP