Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Welcome Home Grasshoper

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    No, I think you'll find that Angelize is a Japanese sumo wrestler. (Sorry, Frances
    Still on the subject, do we have to keep calling you morphonious_821?
    You are a chap, am I right?
    Your given name is Marion Morrison?
    You should have called yourself John Wayne, it's far easier to type than morphonious_821.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    No Bob you can call me David if that suits you...
    I believe all the moderators here know my full name: in fact I'm quite sure they have a voodoo "stick pin" doll with some of my hair on it, as often when I try to post another idea in the "Dear Xara" forum i sometimes get a sharp pain in my buttock...
    (In fact i do believe this new partition of this forum was initiated in response to my own initial avalanche of ideas posts.)

Anyway I had to change my screen name as my old one was banned (and never re-instated? an oversight perhaps) and to be fair i did get a bit out of control 6-8 months ago and some mods and a few users were just about ready to chase me off the board with clubs and burning sticks....anyway (... I made sure the moderators knew who i was when I started this new log-on and i have tried to be more balanced in my approach to posting since.

Also I don't like hiding:
    (it would be impossible to effectively do so for long anyway knowing me but changing my log on was not MY choice, but anyway i like this one now as i have a few other references on the web and so prefer to maintain the current one for the sake of uniformity.)
    But a break was probably in order anyway and i have to admit the "fresh start" was a chance to work on my etiquette.
    But it has been hard as some of those "bridges" do appear to have been burned.

I know this as i tried crossing them a few times and fell flat on my face, but anyway there's no hard feelings on my side if that accounts for much...
    (Athough I don't believe this is the case as I have never had a problem regretting and apologizing for my mistakes but there are many who i feel would rather have a tooth pulled than admit (even to them selves) to their own mean behavior less submit to the "indignity" of an apology.)

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    You should have called yourself John Wayne
    LOL Not if your going by physical appearance perhaps "Iggy Pop" would be more apt. (LOL not quite he has more muscle )
    That's OK though as if such genetic dross (as i have been known to jokingly think of myself) were eliminated from the gene pool there would be no background upon which to contrast more stellar examples of humanity.

But I suspect that to possess such beauty (even personally) would be to crush it and so I am content to simply attempt to draw it.

P.S by all means call me David...

One More thing bob:
    Your own vocabulary is quite impressive, so how is it you can be tripped up by such a simple "word" (or non word) such as "alot"?
    Last edited by morphonius_821; 30 May 2009 at 04:09 AM.

P.s sorry for hi-jacking that thread...i did ramble on a bit much...

Great cartoon work!
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

kallen83936@roadrunner.comHello Everyone,

I am very new to your Talk Graphics forum so I hope this post is ok with
    everyone. I am an amateur cartoonist about to self publish my first cartoon
    book. Currently I'm using PSP 7.0 and want to change to Xara 4.

I"ve downloaded and installed Xara 4 on my computer but find it a little hard to use.
    What I am looking for specifically are the talk bubbles used by cartoon characters.
    Can anyone point me to where they are stored.

Thanks in advance

KermitAllen
    Last edited by KermitAllen; 02 June 2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Easier to read

you make your own
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi, I found some in Clipart under 'backgrounds and frames'. You can find the clipart by clicking the scissor icon on the top, right taskbar.

You should ask questions in the XtremePro forum. There are so many people who will help you there. They answer quickly and with indepth answers. They might miss your question here in the gallery.

Xtreme is easy to use and there is a vast amount of videos and tutorials available for it. It may seem different from what you are used to. that might make it seem more difficult. It's a different kind of program from my PaintShopPro but there's some similarities, such as layers, guides, plugins.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

So it's not Tipsy but Bitsy. And it is Bruce not Brian. And now, where are those speech bubbles ?
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks Steve
    I never saw that one before... Maybe I will add my bubbles to that thread.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by KermitAllen View Post
    I"ve downloaded and installed Xara 4 on my computer but find it a little hard to use.
    Well anyone coming from a totally "raster" graphic program background,
    (like if you were using paintshop almost exclusively,where you would be drawing on a "pixel grid" with a fixed resolution ETC...)
    and moving to a "Vector" graphic program like Xara
    (where you instead use outlines and objects to create your picture)
    will be a bit of a slap in the face.

But for the purposes of your cartoon learning to use Xara will pay dividends in the long run as you will more easily be able to re-cycle elements...
    And once you get the hang of it you will not be going back.