Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just dropping by

I came, I left. Felt a bit guilty about it so I thought I'd drop in and see how everyone is doing. Looks like the forum is busy and lots of smiling faces here and some new people too.

I work during the summer, spend time gardening, golf (free because of work) and have been painting more (picture AND the outside of the house). When I do get on the computer I weed through emails.

This weekend hubby is gone with the guys on their annual 'fishing in Lake Erie' fishing trip. That gave me some extra time to drop by. I haven't even opened XX since my last picture or been to any of my other fave sites. I came here first

Hope you all are doing well and keeping busy as well. hugs, Nancy
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Default Re: Just dropping by

Hi Nancy! It's good to see you around here -- I know how it is with summer = great weather and loads of fun things to do. Great to paint outdoors, too, and enjoy nature's beauty. Have a great summer!
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Glad you're well ... was wondering where you'd vanished to and/or what you'd been vanished by! Enjoy
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Good to hear from you, Nancy. Glad you haven't deserted us completely.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by Burpee View Post
    I came, I left. Felt a bit guilty about it so I thought I'd drop in and see how everyone is doing.
    Hi, good to see your back...
    It would excite us all to take a peer over your shoulder and see what you have been painting outside....Perhaps you could arrange a sneak peek?

Thanks for dropping in to say 'hi' back at me.

The painting outside is the side of the house, lol. Everyone grab a brush!! I've painted it 3 times by myself and this is the fourth time. I'm not as keen about it as the first times, lol. It's a ranch and very easy to paint but it's still too much like work.

I painted two pictures so far and I hate both....so I went to the library and checked out a stack of painting books. I am learning alot more than I thought I would and am enjoying reading them. I have new blank canvases. If I get one I'm happy with I'll share but don't hold your breath, lol. I'm very hard on myself.

Nancy,

I'm glad you popped in to give us an update. It sounds like you've got a busy and active summer schedule ahead of you. Don't let us hold you back!

The family and I took a road trip to Virginia yesterday and on the return trip stopped by a Cracker Barrel restaurant for an early dinner. While ambliing through the gift shop I spied something that made me think of you. After we finished eating I asked my daughter to snap a photo of it with her cell phone. I hope you like it...

Don't wait until the fall to stop by again,
    Harry

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Burpee's Serving Plate.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	61696  

When you're done there.... my house could use some touching up too

Quote Originally Posted by Burpee View Post
    Thanks for dropping in to say 'hi' back at me.

The painting outside is the side of the house, lol.
    Cool nice choice of subject matter...are we taking cladding/timber boards the way light falls on these is a very interesting study.

I'm only having fun with... but when you do finish painting them perhaps you might want to consider doing a painting of them.

The only reason i said that was that the lady who ran an art studio i used to go for a while as a kid did some fantastic oils of just around her house... a wall... whatever...amazing stuff...i remember one that was just like the entrance to here house which was just a little nook (wooden boards) and it had a pot plant and that was it...
    The area also had an overhanging tree which dropped a leafy blotchy light pattern down over the whole thing and how she captured this from such a bland subject was awesome.

HayTay, that's where my moniker came from, Burpee Seeds. Very clever catch and lovely picture. My first ever online avatar was of a Burpee Seed packet with bright orange poppies on it. I looked for brussel sprout seeds in the stores this year but couldn't find any. I'm going to have to place a Burpee order quickly if I want to have a chance of growing any this year.

Geminiguy, if you supply the beer and grill I'll drop by to help you paint...as soon as I get a chance

Morph, I'm thrilled by architcture. I love looking at and snapping pictures of the old building downtown. If I had a decent camera I might end up with some keepers someday, lol. Two nights ago I woke up in the middle of the night with an image of a cathedral type building in my head. The image was of the building painted in watercolors with blues, tans and off whites. As vivid as though I was looking right at it.

The reason I'm having such a hard time painting is that I'm using acryllic instead of watercolor and I'm not used to them. I was trying to paint like you would with oils...or how I imagine you would paint with oils because I never have. I didn't want any canvas to show through but I'm seeing that it is ok with some styles of acryllic work. I also had to learn to blend colors because acryllic dries so fast you don't have much time to blend.