Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default A couple of State flags....

Had a go at virtual cross stitch on these. Had to create the 'x' stitch' tiles first then pixelled the outlines and filled the colour using the tiles to give a cross stitch appearance.... not everyone's cup-o-tea, however some of you may enjoy the viewing.
    Here's the result.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...lag-280107.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...astateflag.gif

Thanks for lookin' - critique / comments welcome as this is how we learn.
    Cheers for now and Happy Graphicing... Mitch

Default Re: A couple of State flags....

pretty neat. I would think the cross stich pattern should be smaller. Typically flags are 3'X5'...
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

As you say not everyones bag but my daughter spends huge amount of time doing commercial bought patterns. How do you set up your template grid to superimpose your picture onto it as I could make up the pattern and print it onto the cloth using backing paper.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thanks for taking the time to view and comment folks....

Raynerj1 - pixel painting can be done with paint brush tip '1' - ie. 1 pixel at a time and therefore a smaller pic / image / result. However with virtual cross stitch pixelling the minimim is a 3x3 tile to give the 'x' effect. If you magnify my pic you'll see what I mean. Hope this helps.

Albacore - pixel painting cross stitch would be no Fun at all if one was simply to fill a pattern on the screen with colour....sheesh!! I'd be bored to tears.
    What's more IMO that would be cheating if infact is was possible, because the patterns I've viewed are way to big. Resizing is a No No in pixelling as antialiasing is off while painting so one must create with the finished size fixed. All my pixel work is saved in gif format and you are welcome to zoom in on them to get a better idea as they do not distort because of the antialias off factor.
    Part of the challenge is to work out what size ya want the finished object and then in PI one uses a grid, create the tiles, draw the outline and use the 'x' stitch tiles to fill the object. I usually work with a 800% zoom to make it easier on the ol' eyes, because this type of work can be extremly hard on them, especially on complex and larger projects.
    So, there's no 'superimposing' as you put it. I pixelling on a blank page with a photo or pic of the subject either on my screen as a separate image or beside me if it is something inspired from reality or a book, etc...
    Trust this answers your ??

Cheer and have a great day.
    Happy Graphicing.... Mitch

Hi Kiwigal
    Nice flags. I really like the Oklahoma Flag. Oklahoma means Red People , in the Choctaw language.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire