Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LEONISA

...is just an imaginary persona.(Viewers..please do not try to identify her with someone. She only exists in my head.) Sometime back some were posting about hair. I did this to show that one does not have to SHOW each and every strand of hair. Possibly some could have been done with blends, however, this SHAGGY LOOK,I believe can only begotten by using strands and glumps of hair with strands as highlights. Using dig pad/stylus with Xara's beautiful selection of Lines makes it so much the easier. I used foto for position and proportion...the rest is from the "old geezer's"
    head!!!!

bill [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LEONISAXX.jpg 
Views:	472 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	15247  

...is just an imaginary persona.(Viewers..please do not try to identify her with someone. She only exists in my head.) Sometime back some were posting about hair. I did this to show that one does not have to SHOW each and every strand of hair. Possibly some could have been done with blends, however, this SHAGGY LOOK,I believe can only begotten by using strands and glumps of hair with strands as highlights. Using dig pad/stylus with Xara's beautiful selection of Lines makes it so much the easier. I used foto for position and proportion...the rest is from the "old geezer's"
    head!!!!

..close up view.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LEONISA1.jpg 
Views:	557 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	16945  

Beautiful image Bill!

I'm especially struck by your rendering of the lips. The color, shape, highlights and shading. Amazing!!

The blue in the white of the eye looks great, I would never think to make the white of an eye blue! This is a mini-tut for me.

Bob C.

..Bob for your comments. Yes,sometimes one will go for expressing an EMOTION..I tried to give a 'sullen' look in eyes,as well as lips. One can do what the ol'creative juices tell you. If you notice I 'soften'all the edges..this eliminates the harshnes of sharp,definate line. If you look real close at the eye you'll see how some of the lines are uneven..even crooked! I don't worry about that..sometimes those lines just add to the EMOTION or feeling I'm looking for. The lips are a series of small shapes with various values of the red in lips. This gives the 'roundness',softness to the lips. Ha,,I made her teeth a 'small blur'!
    I didn't have to show a Colgate smile...it wouldn't work for the EMOTION I was after in her face. I'm glad you enjoyed it...hope some of this bla helps.

walk softly on the edges..bill [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

I like it very much. Especially the hair.
    Roman

Hi Bill,

A very lovely image. Your posts always inspire me. Your technique for drawing hair is very appealing, I'll have to practice to see if I can achieve something similar.

Thanks!

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Nice.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Sever So Humble...

Nice going William. The chin bothers me though. Love the eyes and hair looks good.This is how I see it.

Very Nice Bill. Your hair looks good. Or maybe I should say her hair. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire