Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Not a dig, honest, but as the fundamental principle is the same and works in Xara X, I thought the following Draw forum post from some years back, might be of use.

Fillet Most Shapes

HTH

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt

SG
    Yes that's a great effect. As you say it can be half achieved using the Contour tool but not with the same simplicity.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

SG, that would be a good feature to have.

Daniel, if you don't mind converting the rectangle to an editable shape you can resize without distorting the curvature.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	curved-corners.gif 
Views:	329 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	7662  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks Miguel B. and Soquilli of for the suggestion of converting to editable shapes to manually move the nodes to correct the problem with cuvature distortion.

I don't like to convert anything to shapes unless I really have to: I appreciate the flexibility of being able to turn them on/off at will - especially when creating designs of form submission button sets for example... I can create a couple of designs and then with all of the rectangles selected, amend the curvature to vary between rectangular buttons, curved rectangular buttons, oval buttons etc.

I'm happy with the turn off corners/snap to shapes/redraw/delete/turn on corners routine - it takes only a few seconds and both quicker and more accurate than changing nodes .. with the flexibility and benefit of rattling out 4 variations of the same work (and make it look like I worked hard all day on them!)

It would be nice not to have to do anything though, and have the curvature corrected automatically. Curvature 0.38 should be 0.38, not a squashed and non-squashed version - we can't tell by looking if a rectangle was created as a rectangle or as a stretched square.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	continues.gif 
Views:	319 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	3392  

Daniel
    The quick solution is to create your rectangles, apply rounded corners etc. Open the layers gallery, Copy that layer, close the original, then use the new layer to convert to shapes etc.

This way you still retain the original shapes as rectangles etc, should you wish to alter them.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host