Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am trying to make a chrome box. I have made four lines but don't know how to connect them with rounded corners. I applied a linear fill to each of the lines but don't know how they will look if I can get them to join. Could anyone give me an idea. I am still learning.

John Furr
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I am trying to make a chrome box. I have made four lines but don't know how to connect them with rounded corners. I applied a linear fill to each of the lines but don't know how they will look if I can get them to join. Could anyone give me an idea. I am still learning.

John Furr

Hi John
    I don't know if lines is the best way to make the box. Using the rectangle tool you can easily make a box with rounded corners. Select the rectangle tool , then slecet curved corners. Then if you hold now the control key,you can make a square with curved corners. Then you can clone the shape and holding down the shift button resize it. You will have to make it a different color so you can see it. Your new box should bein the middle of the first one. Then select both shapes and select combines shapes, subtract shapes. That will give you a box with curved corners and the middle cut out. Then you can apply the color file that you want to get the chrome look. I used a 4 color fill and slected the colors I wanted. This is my idea on how to do this but maybe some others will post their ideas for you. I am sure that Gary can add to this. He probably has soemthing like this in one of his tutorials.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Bruce is right, the square and line is the way to go. However, I'd touch up that chrome there a little. I'm not the master of chrome (all hale Gary) but it does look a little weird. I'd suggest making it a little lighter, and the fill all going the same way (the example below may be a little too light, but the best I can do at 1 in the morning!) The example below was just a combination of fills, feathering, and bevels.

Steve Newport
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chrome.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	16529  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I will do that. I should have thought of that myself. I will try to apply Romans metal technique to this and see what I come up with. Thanks again.

John Furr

I have not tried Roman's metal effect but it looks good. If you try that you could probably make a nice chrome, metal box.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

I played around with Roman's chrome and came up with this look. I appreciate all of the help. This is a very usefull site.

John Furr [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Window.gif 
Views:	256 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	9762