Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HOW ?

You can use an image as a mask, by loading it.
    Mask/Load.

I didn't follow the steps, since the picture there are not good enough to obtain same results, but I think that loading the grayscale image, you can use it as a mask.

Regards
    IP

i will list to you the steps again

First he converted the image to gray scale
    second, he used the following steps to isolate shadows and highlights:

Figure 4.
    The Equalize filter was used to isolate the highlights
    Figure 5.
    To isolate the shadows, Equalize was used again but with different settings
    Figure 6.
    The Invert filter was applied to the shadows file prior to making it a transparency mask

As you see micheal i had a problem producing the Figures shown

I hope this time you will understand me

Thanks, to load image as mask hints, Really i new it but i wanted to make sure this is what he meant. thanks again

By the way i insatlled PS 7 to try, and i will inform any one who is interested.
    About teh new features. But for now i will mention those
    1- Image browser ------- old feature for PP (scrabbook)
    2- Brush control -------- old feature for PP even PP is still has more option and better control than the one found in PS 7

More to follow ( i am not trying to take a credit from the new PS 7 features, of course there is a new nice feature found in the new PS7, but i hate when a new feature found in PS 7, everyone is talking about as it is a big deal and it only found on the all mighty PS 7 , a lot feature that artist is talking about where it is found in PP in LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng time ago)
    IP

AJ,

The article you use is very old. It looks like it's using PP6 from here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

One of the problems I have with it is it assumes that you have a near-perfect picture of raindrops, nice and big, with a neutral background to boot! We don't always have that luxury, to be sure.

Therefore, here's a method that will allow you to create your own water spots on any image. I'm adding a few dialog screenshots as well so be on the lookout for them below.

1. Open an image.

2. Press Ctrl K for Paint On Mask.

3. Effects | Noise > Add Noise (see 'Add Noise' screenshot, below). Press Ctrl F 5x to make the noise more dense.

4. Effects | Blur > Gaussian Blur @ 5.0 (Don't worry that the edge will look bad; we'll remedy that shortly).

5. Image | Transform > Threshold. Look at the 'Threshold' screenshot, below. Because noise is random every time, it is here that I want to note that your Threshold position will vary slightly (once you've gone through this exercise a few times, you'll be more comfortable making the more correct judgment). The thing to note is this : the Threshold slider is approximately in the middle of the tall spike, and that's where you want to be. So, if '192' isn't giving you the appearance of a well-defined black-white transition, and the white part isn't looking like random water spots, continue to move the Threshold accordingly (probably to the right).

6. Effects | Blur > Gaussian Blur @ 3.0.

7. Image | Adjust > Contrast Enhancement, Input Value Clipping = 118/122 (see the screenshot, below).

8. Ctrl K to remove the POM.

9. Ctrl UpArr to copy an object from the background.

10. Shift-click and drag one of the corner handles to stretch the spot outward. This is to give the appearance of magnification. About 1/8 inch should suffice on an 800x600 image (depending on the level of detail).

11. Ctrl M to create a mask from the object; Ctrl H to hide it.

12. Effects | 3D Effects > The Boss. Look at the setting from the Boss screenshot, below.

13. Unhide and remove the mask.

And that's about it.

Good luck,

Cliff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_waterspots.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	7586  
    Cliff
    IP

Add noise :

Name:	addnoise.gif 
Views:	279 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	12040  
    Cliff
    IP

Threshold settings :

Name:	threshold.gif 
Views:	287 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	16624  
    Cliff
    IP

'The Boss' settings :

Name:	theboss.gif 
Views:	290 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	16805  
    Cliff
    IP

Thanks cliff for this lovely method
    I love it and it is very usefull [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

But, sorry, i always use but, because what you did is generating the whole thing, Very smart [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

what i palced this tutorial which it was done in PP7, Because if i found any picture that i like i can use it to apply a nice touch in another pic

This is way my purpose not just the water drops, but may be i will find a nice wave that i want to add it to another picture,

I think the main tutorial explained in english like this:
    1-Find a picture that you like
    2-Coverted to Grayscale
    3-Use the Histogram Equalize filter to extract and isolate Shadows and Highlights each of them the Shadow and Highlaghts will be save as cpt files and they will be loaded back to the new image as a mask, and play with brightness and contrast

Now 3 to isolate highlights and shadows where i got the troubles, thanks to Micheal he expalined to me how to load image as a mask,

Cliff you will notce that i place an axample at the end, wher to images, flowers & snads where used at the same procedures to produce the mixed image

Thanks again for your support
    IP

AJ,

If you do me a favor and scan the magazine image of the water drops and post it here (make it as large as TalkGraphics will allow), I'll be back with some info for you.

Just the water drops (the image in figure 1); I won't need the text.

Cliff
    Cliff
    IP

I did it in a hurry, PLZ don't get mad because of the size [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

GO

Name:	step1.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	559  
    IP

step2

Name:	step2.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	2023  
    IP