Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

David --- Attached is a Vue d'Esprit 4 rendering I did of your model. I imported the .3ds file and assigned new materials. After rendering I added the text in Xara X and exported as a jpg.

My copy of Vue is just the free demo. (It continues to work even though the 30 day demo period is long over). Of course their are limitations to the demo. I was limited to rendering it no larger than 640 x 480 pixels. As well I couldn't save the project meaning I had to do it in one session. It will allow you to save your renders without any watermarking.

I had fun doing this. I'm a beginner when it comes to this 3d stuff.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	range.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	18624  

David --- Attached is a Vue d'Esprit 4 rendering I did of your model. I imported the .3ds file and assigned new materials. After rendering I added the text in Xara X and exported as a jpg.

My copy of Vue is just the free demo. (It continues to work even though the 30 day demo period is long over). Of course their are limitations to the demo. I was limited to rendering it no larger than 640 x 480 pixels. As well I couldn't save the project meaning I had to do it in one session. It will allow you to save your renders without any watermarking.

I had fun doing this. I'm a beginner when it comes to this 3d stuff.

Regards, Ross

Hey hey, looking good there Ross... and it is nice to see Vue in action... it was one of several we didn't try out [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

right on [thumbs up]

Ross,

That is impressive! Show that I need to do more detailing on the castiron burners.

The stainless looks good. It is really difficult to get perfect. Polished stainless steel actually has grain to it and a very wierd luster. It is nothing more than a witches brew of elements with very small blue, red, & green streaks. Not enoungh to see in a rendering, but enough to throw a solid color off balance.

Looks very good. May I keep it?

BTW, I'll attach a burner ring I had to do for 1 picky customer. Maybe I'll start using it as well.

I will take second or third look at vue. -David

Name:	ar_burn.gif 
Views:	266 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	9987  

I'm glad you like it. Of course you can use it however you want. When I'm home tonight I can email you the tiff I exported from Vue. It is about a mb in size. I think I rendered it at 300dpi so with the tiff you should be able to zoom in and see better how Vue rendered it.

I too found the stainless steel a challenge. As an architect I have done some comercial kitchens so I'm familiar with how it really looks. For a rendering a scan-based stainless steel texture just doesn't cut it. I found too that it is hard to resist the urge to make it more polished.

Regards, Ross

Yea, this is a sweet job indeed Ross, I have it as my desk top on my second monitor for quick reference... I have tried and tried and really need to go back in and try some more haha... you have made this look rather easy... but it ain't... least ways not for me... I didn't find the stainless much of a problem, but rather as what David has indicated here, the real concern is those black objects, which I am finding are very tricky... I can see why you have opted for grey on the side hotplates... even with additional lighting to that area it is tricky stuff, and your job with the grill is superb indeed... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Speaking of dark areas, what technique did you use to darken the sides of the hot box as well the shadow underneath and the sides of the main structure... was this painted in with a 2d app or is this some magic stuff through lighting or in this case lack of? Great result through less here...

This is going to take a bit for this rookie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [thumbs up Ross, and hats off to ya]

ah heck...[beer all around] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Great project here David, and much thanx... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Till the next render then gentlmen... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

the equipment is one material. The differences seen in it result from lighting.

As a Vue beginner my approach was very simple. Think of the unit as being outside. In vue you assign an atmosphere which provides daylighting via a sun. It is that sun that is providing practically all the lighting of the scene. I added one other low intensity light in under the box that is above the burners. There are no others. I did no post-processing other than add the text in xara. The red floor is just Vue's ground plane. I had played with having the range sitting in water and on sand but it looked kind-a silly being that much outdoors. I opted for the red to give it more of a catalogue look.

Seeing the rendered view, I can see that I should have adjusted the cooktop surface's material. In Vue's small preview image such things are hard to see.

Regards, Ross

a light right up underneath the hotbox eh? now that's some good info here... thanx for this... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

is very low intensity. So low that, as you can see, it didn't really affect the shadow from the sun significantly. What I think it did was give a little more character to the back panel - making it look more reflective. I don't know if that light affected the cooktop significantly.

I would have fun going back and playing with it more. Unfortunately I can't do that without starting over because I'm using the demo. If I keep my eyes open maybe I'll find two hundred bucks to buy the program.

Regards, Ross

With Vue 4 Demo

I haven't figured out how to do an interior scene so I put a glass box over the whole thing.

Can you make an invisable light?

Anyway, Vue seems like a strong program and worth more time to invest.

Maybe a little too shiney SST this time. I used mew burner castings models also.

-David

Name:	range2.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	205.6 KB 
ID:	10655