Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am making a site for a friend, and she wants to sell post cards. Does anyone know how to make shopping carts and secure credit card checkouts?

Or do i have to buy the scripts from some place?
    and if so, where at?

thanks in advance,
    im a newbie http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

I would suggest to type this into Google, then read up on as many options as you can... when you have have a couple of choices made, then post us with the choices and we can look at things further from that point...

I know we have a few members around here whom have much more experience with this than I, and no doubt someone will be along soon to assist you better... and in the mean time.... you could be keeping yourself busy searching, reading and feature comparing from what you find through Google http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

thanks for the reply.

yeah, i have been looking into it for a couple days but really found nothing useful. except books and crap.

A late response for you:

I don't know if she already has a merchant account, I use Paypal.com and 2Checkout.com, and then I got a template from www.ecommercetemplates.com, they have great support through their forum. You can use the cart separately from the template if you are already happy with your site. There is no need for a secure page for the payment processors I use, as they have their own secure checkout.

The cart also supports most of the major *real* merchant accounts.

You just have to choose between php and ASP depending upon your server.

This cart can link to US Postal Service for real time parcel post, express, and priority mail rates.

I think they are working on UPS now.

If it is just a small site use PayPal they have plug-ins for most of the common Editors like D/W and Go-Live ect. Make real easy to have a secure site but if your pal wants a proper E-commerce site your into a new ball game.
    Design is thinking made visual.