Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have psp6. and i'd like to know how to make a semi-transparent back....i've seen alot of them recently on websites and i love the look...usually, one side of the back is a full graphic and the other side is the same graphic, only semi-transparent.....is this done with layers and with effects in the blend mode? also, what should be the width of this back, to prevent tiling? thanks, mojo
    IP

I have psp6. and i'd like to know how to make a semi-transparent back....i've seen alot of them recently on websites and i love the look...usually, one side of the back is a full graphic and the other side is the same graphic, only semi-transparent.....is this done with layers and with effects in the blend mode? also, what should be the width of this back, to prevent tiling? thanks, mojo
    IP

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

I'm not quite sure what you mean...can you post a sample?

As far as width..much depends on what size resolution you are designng for...however, without seeing what you are talking about, it's hard to give a definitive answer.

Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    IP

IP

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

Mojo, thanks for the sample...that helps tons!

You are right in thinking you need to use layers. That image is comprised of many different graphics and each layer has had the transparency lowered and/or layer effect applied ( multipy, burn, etc) until the user was please with what he had. You would then merge the layers and save it as a gif or jpg.

As for dealig with the hard line, you can choose a small area around that line and apply a 1.0 guasian blur and that should soften it.

Hope that helps!

Joelle

Joelle

IP