Thread: Swish

Swish 2 is out. You can find it at

www.swishzone.com

Flash without Flash, fast and cheap:
    download and buy online
    new buyer:<50$
    upgrade<15$

free trial available [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Swish 2 is out. You can find it at

www.swishzone.com

Flash without Flash, fast and cheap:
    download and buy online
    new buyer:<50$
    upgrade<15$

free trial available [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Erik - I was very excited when I heard Swish v2 was out and so I went right over to swishzone.com and bought a licence. I then proceeded to download the program and have been unable to install it. I tell this sob story in case anyone knows the problem and can help me.

Upon setup, I tried to run the program wanting to put in the licence code swish emailed me. Problem is - up clicking the shortcut it immediately displays a small alert window saying it is checking the computer to see if I'm eligable for a trial licence. It seems to be checking the hard drive for a few seconds and then the computer locks up - the alert window still displayed. Ctrl+alt+del won't work properly at that point. It just brings up the 'blue screen of death' and it won't even respond to Ctrl+alt+del to restart.
    I reinstalled the software only to continue with the same problem.

I emailed support at swish yesterday and they have not responded yet. Heck i'm dying to get swishing!

Anyone know whats wrong??

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Don't know what could be wrong with your copy of SWiSH. The support team is very customer friendly. Understand that with the recent release of V2 they are overwhelmed with e-mail and upgrades. The "corporation" is comprised of six people.

Samples of SWiSH animations created in under two minutes can be viewed here (they are the third and fourth on the page).

http://www.thefontman.com/animations.htm
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I did hear from some guy name Jon. He didn't identify himself as tech support - I assume that's who he is. He emailed me a .DLL to try but it didn't make any difference. Same problem [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I now wait for Jon to suggest some other possible fix.

I do have sympathy for hard-working technical support people. I do wish they would put autoresponders on their email - just to let you know they are there and will respond in a stated time period.

I'm very exited about swish and this problem is keeping me from it.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Sorry to read you're having problems. The people at Swish are now overwhelmed, but they are even more helpful than Xara (really), so they will find a solution.

To make you feel less alone: me too I have a problem. I bought an Aopen 1236A CDRW, it came with Nero burning rom. I first tried with my Easy CD creator, but the burner wasn't recognised. Then I had to uninstall Easy CD, install Nero, and two times out of three, I get an error message: "couldn't write the end track". And I'm stuck.

Aopen suggests uninstalling the Intel UltraATA storage driver, but I think I need that for my HDD to be recognised as UltraATA100. This is also very frustrating. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I downloaded Swish the other day and I'm impressed. I spent big bucks on the Flash 5 program, and I can't say that I've done much more than familiarize myself with the basic features.

With Swish it is much easier, automated, ect. making Flash files. Its layout is very similar to Flash 5 too, so learning Swish would be a nice gateway into learning Flash I'd imagine.

Excellent for a 50 dollar program.

I e-mailed the Swish site and I'm waiting for a technical question to be answered before I spend the money on the program though....has to do with defragging your drive with Swish installed, causing the program to stop working. Anybody familiar with this problem?

Can't say I have problems with defrag...

Some ideas: before I install I defrag, and then with Ctrl+Alt+Del close everything except for Explorer and Systray.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by glyph:
    I downloaded Swish the other day and I'm impressed. I spent big bucks on the Flash 5 program, and I can't say that I've done much more than familiarize myself with the basic features.

With Swish it is much easier, automated, ect. making Flash files. Its layout is very similar to Flash 5 too, so learning Swish would be a nice gateway into learning Flash I'd imagine.

Excellent for a 50 dollar program.

I e-mailed the Swish site and I'm waiting for a technical question to be answered before I spend the money on the program though....has to do with defragging your drive with Swish installed, causing the program to stop working. Anybody familiar with this problem?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I received a reply on the defragging process w/Swish installed.

If using programs such as 'Norton Utilities' or utilities other than the defragging program that comes with win98 or winME, you must exclude certain files from being optimised. If you use the Windows defragging program, it is not an issue.

To exclude the files from being moved, just follow the directions in the help > faq > defragging file, but remember that these files are hidden and cannot be selected using the browse feature. You must type the name of the files to be excluded.