Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am pretty new to photoshop and just had a quick question.

A friend of mine sent me a digital picture from a camera but used the microsoft Paint program and used the airbrush tool to cover part of the picture up and sent it to me.
    Is there a tool in photoshop or a way that I could view the original picture or remove the airbrush cover?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
    thanks!
    IP

I am pretty new to photoshop and just had a quick question.

A friend of mine sent me a digital picture from a camera but used the microsoft Paint program and used the airbrush tool to cover part of the picture up and sent it to me.
    Is there a tool in photoshop or a way that I could view the original picture or remove the airbrush cover?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
    thanks!
    IP

Yo, what up.

The only way this paint spot can be removed is if the file is multi-layered. Then, you could delete the layer with the paint on it. If it's a "flat" image, you'll have to live with the paint.

One of the moderators would probably be able to tell you how to do it, maybe. But, that's all I know.

Take it ez
    IP

Depending on the extent of the coverage, you could try image>adjustments>brightness/contrast and crank the brightness up. Alot of times this brings out darkened details. If he didn't cover the data 100% you may be able to at least make it out.
    Just messing around.
    IP

Actually RJ is right here. If he/she used MS Paint then the image won't be in layers. In fact, the pixels contained in the original have now been permanently changed to another value, and that cannot be 'undone'.
    IP

Thanks for the replies, the conclusion is correct about the layers. I appreciate the feedback.
    IP