Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all. Haven't been to the site for awhile but my regards to all the contributors to this great forum. Here's my very simple question to which I'm sure there is a simple answer that apparantly has escaped me. Here's an example. I'm visiting web site and I decide to copy an image and then paste the image in xarax, but here is where I encounter some difficulty. When I attempt to copy another image from the same web page it doesn't overwrite the original image and so each time I paste I keep getting the original image. What is it I'm doing wrong if you please? Thanks. Manny
    IP

Hi all. Haven't been to the site for awhile but my regards to all the contributors to this great forum. Here's my very simple question to which I'm sure there is a simple answer that apparantly has escaped me. Here's an example. I'm visiting web site and I decide to copy an image and then paste the image in xarax, but here is where I encounter some difficulty. When I attempt to copy another image from the same web page it doesn't overwrite the original image and so each time I paste I keep getting the original image. What is it I'm doing wrong if you please? Thanks. Manny
    IP

Ummm... Right click on the graphic and select copy from the pull down, then paste it into Xara?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IP

Mano, think you've hit one of the bugs that has been with us since day 1. Save your document, close Xara, and reopen it so that you can do your paste.

I've had this at least 5 years, and have never seen a pattern. It doesn't matter where you're copying from: most often for me it's pasting PrtSrn screenshots. Xara just stops noticing that the content of your clipboard has changed.
    IP

Hi Daniel,

This would be a bug with windows and not with Xara X1. I clicked and copied 3 times in the example above and windows was the one that had trouble copying to the clipboard.

to prove it... Open a second drawing app and see what gets pasted there.
    IP

Quite regularly get this problem when Right Clicking / Save.
    As Daniel says only solution is to shut down Xara & restart it.
    The image is also smaller than the saved copy, so I always delete the first pasted image and then drag it out of the bitmap gallery, and it loads at the correct size.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Mano hit the bug, Egg's hit it in the past, but you've obviously not John.

It's not a problem with Windows - when Xara refuses to paste new clipboard content, any other application will continue to do so happily.

Egg, I've taken to doing the very same... never grasped Xara's reason for not pasting 1:1, it regularly pastes in smaller as you describe, justifying its decision in the status bar by describing the image as having a higher resolution. Ctrl+V, Del, F11 and drag gets a lot of use here too!
    IP

Me too gentlemen ... just got used to it.
    IP

Thanks Daniel for the advice. In fact your suggestion is what I have been doing...just wanted to be sure that I wasn't taking the hard way round. Regards, Manny
    Originally posted by Daniel:
    Mano, think you've hit one of the bugs that has been with us since day 1. Save your document, close Xara, and reopen it so that you can do your paste.

I've had this at least 5 years, and have never seen a pattern. It doesn't matter where you're copying from: most often for me it's pasting PrtSrn screenshots. Xara just stops noticing that the content of your clipboard has changed.
    IP

Thanks egg. best regards, Manny
    Originally posted by Egg Bramhill:
    Quite regularly get this problem when Right Clicking / Save.
    As Daniel says only solution is to shut down Xara & restart it.
    The image is also smaller than the saved copy, so I always delete the first pasted image and then drag it out of the bitmap gallery, and it loads at the correct size.
    Egg
    IP