Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Now if you can eliminate the splash page and just take visitors to the main window.

I am still getting a "jump" from the opening window to the main one.

Also, the size of the opening window is set too small. How about just making it full screen, and the visitor can make it smaller if desired? Having to resize is another "annoyance factor".

Love that design!

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll
    IP

resizing my browser makes me very cranky. Your "click to enter site" is off the page after resize. The next window I opened - not related to this board, opened in your configuration AAAARRRRGGGGGG!
    IP

I dig that layout.. Nice JOb!!
    IP

Wow, this is starting to become a terrific design thread... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Lots of good suggestions and to this I suggest welcome to the wonky world of web design for those just getting underway...

The variables involved in designing a site to display nicely to all end viewers is staggering...what, between monitor sizes and resolution preferences, browser settings and cross browser compatibility issues, cross platform compatibility issues, bandwidth considerations, demographic style preferences...the list goes on...haha, these variables and more, present the very puzzle which makes the whole design process interesting...

Yes, sometimes the cross this cross that compatibility issues tick me off, usually when I have gone several steps beyond checking only to find I have to backtrack and straighten this or that out, then proceed once again, but hey, this is my lazy brain not keeping up at times and is truly no ones fault but my own...akin to not saving ones work from time to time only to lose out should the whole thing come crashing down...

Beyond these momentary lapses of reason, I like the fact that designing to the multitudes is not some brain dead task, but rather a challenge each and every time... factor in that each design is to be unique to it's specific subject matter, and target audience, and hooboy, it's grand... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The last part concerning the specific's is IMHO perhaps the most important part of the whole design process...reaching out to sell the message and what this enables in benifit for those who own the site...Whatever design worx to this end is Aok in my books... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

When in doubt, apply the KISS principal... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

I have started a new thread to compare the original navigation idea and yet another alternative with no pop-up window. Please give me your impressions at

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...005#6651913005
    IP