Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I browse the other forums too and found this interesting window that was done in Xara X. Thought I'd give it a spin in PI 8 and this is what I did. Thought maybe a couple of you might try your hand at it too. It was a challenge with the rounded top. You can view all of the other Xara dwg's on this topic at the Xara Forum of Talk Graphics under "Help for my Daughter" to get more ideas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RndedWindow.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	12714  
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

I browse the other forums too and found this interesting window that was done in Xara X. Thought I'd give it a spin in PI 8 and this is what I did. Thought maybe a couple of you might try your hand at it too. It was a challenge with the rounded top. You can view all of the other Xara dwg's on this topic at the Xara Forum of Talk Graphics under "Help for my Daughter" to get more ideas.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

This is an OLD topic, almost two years old http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif. It looked simple enough, until you go into shadows, lighting and perspective... here's my try on the topic:

http://www.grafixman.idv.tw/window.jpg

As for borrowing topics, I think we shouldn't do it too often. Feels like trying on somebody else's old clothes...
    IP

IP

Not trying to step on any toes, just get some challenges to learn more about PI.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

No offense meant or taken. Its just that THIS is a Xara hosted site. Xara users are just as passionate about it as we are with PI. Xara's drawing tools has an edge over PI. That's a vector program's natural advantage. And admit it, people.. better brushes are on PI users' wish list for a very long time now. Still not much improvement.
    IP

If I didn't love PhotoImpact I wouldn't be here. It is an awesome program and it amazes me with the results I get. I've done some work in Xara but find PI much more fun. If I need to make an .ai file to import to my Custom Shapes, I can do that in Xara. I recently posted some of my animations to the Gif Animator Forum, stop by and check them out. They are 100% PI, and not from tutorials, they are orignal Sally's work.

Sally M. Bode
    IP