Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Dragon thread

Here we go,I set it up this way so that you can how I am doing things Earl [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I chucked quite a few hyper nurbs and sub divided by one instead as I figure the scales and other stuff will cover it all anyway and it doesnt need to be really smooth.

The lower back muscels in this shot that look like a fan shape have been chucked also after this shot was taken as that small piece was 1m in size [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Just a few samll touch ups now and I can get onto the legs,although the junction where evrything joins at the waist is pretty tricky to get right also [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dragon.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	13384  

I have finally finished the Dragon [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Heres the first Cinema/PS image so far.

Stu.

Name:	Dragon_image.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	3189  

Stu,

Very nice, I like the mist/smoke/cloud effect giving the sense of movement. How did you do that?

--Randy

Thanks Randy.

Thats Photoshop {mist}.What I did was used a render of some sky and then used motion blur and different layers of gradients which were all masked,then I would used the clouds filter on some of the masks to reduce opacity randomly,but basically I just went by eye on what looked good and kept on tweaking it until I had the effect I wanted.The light from the left is radial gradient and the ret of the layers were linear dragged from different positions and I just kept on building it up and then added a little bit of blur {gaussian} to add to the movement of the Dragon itself [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

Yes siree bob!

That came out great huh Stu?
    Love the 'motion' in it. And the mist/clouds help maintain a level of mystisism about the dragon itself since we don't actually see the finer details of his structure.

I also like the effective lighting produced on the dragon's skin by the radial grad. Great touch.

I like it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks Mark [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Heres a room I was going to put the Dragon in,but it looked really crap [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

Name:	Chamber.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	9562  

That's really great looking Stu! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I especially like your composite with the mist/atmosphere.

Hi Earl and thanks. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I just couldnt get enough detail into the Dragon to get it too look even semi realistic in the room above.

I keep on forgetting to render an all angles finished Dragon shot for the thread,I will do that shortly actually.

For my next model I think maybe a killer whale,how hard do you think that would be Earl?

Cheers.

Stu.

For your first dragon, I think it looks fantastic. There's always room for improvement, but that'll never change. Even the cg in top movies could be improved. So, with that, I think you should be proud of your dragon. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

A killer whale eh? That sounds like a good project. Although it's body is much simpler in design than that of a dragon, it's a much more familiar creature (in that many of us have seen them in person or at least in photos). Thus, it's going to require a LOT of patience to get the details and proportions to look just right. I think it'll be a challange - as much so as the dragon.

That was a pretty quick reply [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ...I was just coming back to post the views.

Thanks Earl,ya if I made another Dragon there would be some things I would research more and experiment with a bit more also.

I might try another human head first and then a Killer whale {gulp},ah what the hell you dont know if ya dont try do ya,I will give the whale a try.

Cheers.

Stu.

Name:	Dragon.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	14451