Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon thread

I didn't try it out yet, but I did find the preferences and it thinks I found it where you said it would be.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxon.jpg 
Views:	606 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	18233  

That would be it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

It's a shame, cause there's a lot of good 3d programs out there that don't have support for tablets... and for people like me, the programs are tossed away as we'd rather keep our tablet.

Glad ya found it though!

and thanks to you for reacting. I will buy the Art Suite shortly, and eventually theSLA shaders with it as I only have to pay for one transport then. Unfortunately, once again, one cannot download the software, and I will have to pay 16% of European Value Added Tax.
    On the other hand: luckily it comes from within Europe (Germany) as I once bought a plug-in from a company in the US of A, and when it arrived after weeks and weeks at the customs office, I was fined etc for trying not to pay taxes (a mistake from the company) and the final price was more than double of what I paid to the company that made the thing. Stuuupid waste.
    Therefore I prefer the download system like Macromedia.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Eric, yep that is it. Your tablet will work much better with that checked.

Hi guys.

Erik I had the same problem when I re installed and forgot to re check tablet in the settings,for me the object would rotate of its own accord when ever I touched the tablet,in context that would be a great feature but not when you are trying to paint something [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] so now its back to normal again.I also find that my tablet works better if the pen is in pen mode or the mouse is in pen mode,not sure why though,so I use my pen in pen mode and have my mouse setup as a button box with the commands I want,it makes a big difference to speed you can work with.

I am going to rotate those eyes out just a little so they are in a semi human semi animal position.

This human modelling tutorial I am doing is just brilliant for new ways of modelling {thanks Erik}

Stu.

Heres the new one,I like this one I am strating to get the look I want [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

Name:	Dragon.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	2610  

That's really starting to take shape there Stu. Lookin' good. It's funny to think that these shapes come from boxes...as they don't even resemble boxes once they're done. All in all, I'd say the box is the most useful primative in a 3d program.

I really like the ridge and bumps going down the center of the skull. Very realistic (for how I see dragons anyway). The eye placement looks good, and the skull shape above it accents them nicely. You could have a lot of fun with expressions once this piece is complete. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The only thing that seems odd to me is the inner side of the "ear" (or fin). Perhaps it's just my angle, but that center inner flap looks a bit odd. Like I said, it could just be my view...I bet if I saw it from the back or from a very front facing perspective it would look perfectly normal. So Stu, is that an ear for the dragon? That was my first impression. Then I thought that perhaps it was a fin, and the ear a small opening hidden within the folds, like other lizards/reptilians.

It's really starting to look impressive. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks Earl.

Ya its an ear,it took ages to shape that way but I think its too high and too big.

Now I have a bottom jaw to model as well.

I am actually wondering if this Dargon wouldnt look better in shiny gold or chrome,it has a spacey sort of sc fi look to it,whadda ya think?

I might have to look at boning it as soon as I work out how to do that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers

Stu.

Heres the new render [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I wanted a humanoid,ish ear so that the ear even thought its on a Dragon looked realistic,ish,but does it look too humanoid?....it almost looks kinda horsey to me somehow as well.

I think it will look very different again with teeth.

Earl I think you are right being able to get a plethora of expressions from the model [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

Name:	Dragon.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	9361  

I like that second ear better. It 'flows' with the face much more naturally. A gold or chrome-like dragon could look really good. I think most colors on a dragon could look good if done right. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]