Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon thread

Hey guys, long time no speaky! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I like this subject... can't wait to see what comes of it. Ya picked a toughy though huh?! hahaa

Oh ya and...
    Anyone who has C4D might wanna check out June's issue of "Computer Arts" magazine. It has lots of stuff using C4D; i.e. a perfect 'review' score & lots of tutes.

Mark...

You are dead right about tricky Mark [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I have just chucked another prototype I just cant get the right feel or shape [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I made a sort of fin/web for around the Dragons head and I tried to optimze the points and I was told not enough memory and I have 400m assigned to Cinema.

Ah well back to the drawing board again,I might take a break from dragons for a few days.

Stu.

I was goofing and taking a break from Dragons and I came up with this,I thoght it might give you guys a laugh [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I call it man with hammeroids.

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Man.jpg 
Views:	716 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	16122  

lol, that's good Stu. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I work with a guy who looks like that! He has a hard time buying hats [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Thanks Earl.

Ross if your work mate has a head shape like that maybe he could try an ice cream pottle [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The reason the images head shape is like that is because I couldnt work out how to fix it at this stage [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] But I am gonna keep it and work on it and maybe make him look more uncomfortable and pose him on a toilet,I think that would be original even in the 3d world [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Earl I am finding learning modelling humans gives me more modelling skills for everything else including Dragon [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Ross my sympathies to your work mate also [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

I agree completely Stu. Modeling anything complex and organic aids in modeling anything else of that nature. Humans, animals, dragons, birds, aliens, you name it. Even modeling plants can help out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Ok I have finally got a shape for the Dragon that I can live with,and its all made from the original primitive cube [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

This is just the basic shape as I will add fins and scales etc later.

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dragon.jpg 
Views:	655 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	20124  

Really an aerodynamic head. Looks very promising and inspiring to me (To get the fun, spend the mon', c'mon c'mon, to Maxon!).
    Maxon should hire you as their personal "flagship".

What I also like is the way you put the eyes looking like a human, or any other highly developed mammal. When there is an eye at both sides of the skull, the animal has a wider view, but cannot really "fix" its attention.

Problem: I work mostly with a pressure sensitive tablet and a pen (Wacom Intuos). When I touch the scene in the Cinema Art Demo, the shape I drew jumps away, and the longer I hold, the further it speeds away. This is annoying, and not normal behaviour. There must be a setting of some king, but where? I don't find it.
    Another thing: Does anyone of you have, and uses the Smells like Almonds shaders and cares to comment them?

Note: did any of you ever wonder how comes that in ancient China as well as in the European Middle Ages, they represented a dragon as a dinosaur, while the first dinosaurs were only discovered in the nineteenth century?

Coincidence? Hazard? Of course, we won't upset your peaceful sleep, now wouldn't we...? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Erik Heyninck on July 09, 2001 at 07:48.]

[This message was edited by Erik Heyninck on July 09, 2001 at 07:54.]

[This message was edited by Erik Heyninck on July 09, 2001 at 07:59.]

Hi Stu,

That looks like a fantastic start. Especially as it's one solid object. It definitely has a unique style to it that you can really be creative with. As Erik mentioned, the eyes being so parallel will almost give it a human appearance, very wise and civilized perhaps. The posibilities are quite endless. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I hope to see more examples along this path!

Erik,

Using tablets with 3d programs presents a simple issue (usually easily fixed). I too have used a Wacom tablet for so long that a mouse looks like a foreign and evil device for manipulating the mind. But, since the tablet is 'absolute' positioning and the mouse is 'relative', 3d programs will interpret them incorrectly and your objects will FLY off the screen into unknown dimensions. There are two ways to correct this. Most 3d programs have (and have had for a long time) support for graphics tablets. All you need to do is find the option for "use graphics tablet" and they'll change over to an absolute curser movement system. Note that if you use a mouse when the program is set to use a tablet it will behave funny (extremely slow movements). The other method is less preferable, but you would have to turn your Intuos tablet into "mouse mode" while using any 3d program that doesn't support tablets. With the Intuos, you can customize the tablet per application, so it will automatically switch to mouse mode when you use whatever 3d application doesn't have support for tablets natively, then it will switch back to normal mode for windows and other applications, etc. This method is still a pain in the butt if you ask me...I know that Cinema 4D XL version 7 demo has support for tablets (first thing I always check for [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ). It's under the General Settings under the Edit menu.