Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Is there any way to get CorelDraw (10) to show an object at its actual size on screen when I set the zoom to 100%. It seems to be totally relative and I can only approximate by going up in percent -- sometimes up to 400% even to get it close.

Shouldn't it always be actual at 100%? What parameter do I need to set to make it work that way?

Thanks,
    Tom
    IP

Is there any way to get CorelDraw (10) to show an object at its actual size on screen when I set the zoom to 100%. It seems to be totally relative and I can only approximate by going up in percent -- sometimes up to 400% even to get it close.

Shouldn't it always be actual at 100%? What parameter do I need to set to make it work that way?

Thanks,
    Tom
    IP

I did calibrate my rulers so the objects are actual at 100%...

My question should have been: Depending on relative circumstances like how many dockers I have open (or collapsed) CorelDraw won't allow me to to set the scale at 100% but instead sets it lower, so I have to set it higher to get it closer to 100%.

Is there any way to set it so it doesn't do automatic adjusting but rather goes to 100% when I set it at 100%?

Tom
    IP

Match resolution in dots per inch. For instance,
    when viewing at zoom level = 100% a 1 inch square drawn to the resolution of 600 dpi on a monitor with a screen resolution of 600 dpi vert. X 600 dpi horozontal (wouldn't that be nice) it would be very close to 1 square inch in actual size.

If for instance screen resolution is set at 600 by 800 pixels then the 600 dpi 1 inch square at 100% would fill the screen,,,,, well almost.

Am I Making any sense?

[This message was edited by Mike Bailey on January 10, 2003 at 09:51.]
    IP

Thanks for your reply Mike.

I'm not sure if you're making sense or not...

I work at 1024 x 768 screen resolution and I've calibrated the rulers so that when I'm at 100% setting 1in screen = 1in real.

My problem is CD goes into some kind of auto pilot whenever there're dockers open when it won't allow you to set the exact zoom you want. So, during those (all too frequent) times, when I set 100% I get 85% or if I set 115%, I might get 108%... I haven't figured out the formula it's using.

Is there some setting I haven't been able to locate that turns off this auto pilot behaviour so when I set it to the zoom I want it gives me that instead of what it "thinks" I'd be better off with?
    IP